Orin is an NPC in Immortal Unchained. NPCs are characters that provide information, items and quests to the player in the game. Orin is found in the Forbidden Forest on Veridian. Speaking with Orin begins the Lost Hunter Found questline. Upon completion of this quest you will receive the Hunter's Key, which can be used to unlock the Orin's Crusher Auto-Shotgun, and the "The Lost Hunter Found" Achievement/Trophy.
Information about Orin
- Orin's questline: You will need to interact with Orin twice through out the level until you reach a point where he will call for help *Be warned when dropping down as you will need to fight a horde of enemies if you are to die so will the NPC* At this time he will give you the Beacon key you will take this to the small stoned yard after the Amber Monarch and activate the beacon he will arrive and have a few lines of dialog before another small amount of enemies, defeat them and cycle his dialog he will return to The Core, speaking with him at the core will reward you with the Hunters Key
- While on Apexion you will reach a portion where you are in a Greenhouse like area, on the right hand side will be two of the unique lanterns found in the area and behind it a door where the Hunters Key can be used, inside is lore and a chest containing Orin's Crusher.
Orin Questline & Locations
- Orin can be first encountered on Veridian upon reaching the Forbidden Forest past the Ashborne Caverns where you encounter Amber Monarch.
- Immediately upon entering the Forbidden Forest Orin is sitting on the ground near the Overgrowth Checkpoint. Speak with him until you have exhausted all of his dialogue.
- Continue through the Forbidden Forest through all of the twisting branches path until you reach the end of the branches. Continue forward and you will see Orin standing among some ruins in the distance. Speak with him until you have exhausted all of his dialogue.
- Continue forward once again until you reach a stone archway. At this point there will be a path to your left before the archway. Follow the path and you will find Orin stuck in a pit in the ruins. Fall down into the pit. Upon speaking with Orin 5 Enhanced Swarmer enemies will spawn. You must defeat all 5 without dying to progress the quest.
- After Saving Orin from the Swarmers, speak with him again and he will give you the Beacon Key. Return to where the Ashborne Caves meet the Forbidden Forest. Run past the area with the Duelist with the large shield & acidic Contaminators until you reach the tunnel that returns to the Ashborne Caverns. Go through the tunnel. At the end of the tunnel should be a formation of rocks with the beacon standing in the center. Interact with the beacon to summon Orin.
- Upon speaking with Orin 3 Enhanced Swarmer enemies will spawn. You must defeat all 3 without dying to progress the quest.
- Dying to the Swarmers here will result in Orin's death and the questline will end. You can obtain the Hunter's Pendant from his corpse.
- Speak with Orin again and he will return to the Grand Hall.
- Speak with Orin in the Grand Hall, located to the right of the monolith , and he will give you the Hunter's Key.
- You will receive "The Lost Hunter Found" Achievement/Trophy upon receiving the Hunter's Key.
- The key is used to open a door on Apexion near the Abandoned Halls Obelisk where you may obtain the Orin's Crusher Auto-Shotgun.
Notes and Tips
- After you've met him already, you will find him again later in the level in a pit. He will ask for a helping hand. If you drop down, you will get into an ambush with several enemies. If you don't survive the encounter, he will also die. ALT+F4 if you can't beat them to try again and save him.